The Guild was established in 1934 with the purpose of uniting all the women’s groups in the church. The aim was to create a single organization which could make one joint appeal to the congregation for raising funds for church projects.
The first fundraiser was a Spring Carnival in April 1935 which raised over $5000 in the middle of the Great Depression.
The Guild is an active and essential arm of the church. All members and adherents of the congregation are members of the Guild. The Guild has an executive committee that holds a monthly planning meeting. We always welcome members of the congregation who are interested in our work.
The purpose of the Guild is to unite the congregation by offering programs of fellowship and services to others in the church and beyond.
The Guild organizes meaningful church socials such as:
The Guild decorates the church for weekly services and special holidays, attends to shut-ins with flowers and cards, manages the Narthex visitor’s book and provides funds for the Church School pageant.
The Guild’s major event is organizing the annual Fall Fair which is its only fundraising project. The Fall Fair is completely volunteer run by over 100 members and friends of the church.
With monies raised at the Fall Fair, the Guild donates to numerous charities in the Montreal community and helps fund special projects which enhance the Church building.
Our many volunteers are our greatest asset. We always welcome new ideas and new members. If you have any questions or wish further information, please call Betty-Jo Christiani at 514-842-3431 or send an email to email@example.com.